Sunday, April 29, 2018

Hello to an Old Friend

I used to write my blog religiously, or at least often. I thought about it a lot, looked far and wide for ideas, and, after being splashed in the face by the cold water of realization that nobody but my closest friend or two ever read what I wrote, I quit. Instead, I've been channeling my time into more fruitful endeavors (like work) and the hope that I might get a book (or two) published. I've now come full circle (although the shape is probably somewhat erratic and elongated and shares few similarities with a true, perfect circle) to where I would like to keep up a blog again. Insert golf clap. Truth is (we like truth, don't we?) the world is inundated with opinions and blogs and what we are now calling fake news. Who really gives a rip what I have to say? I suppose the greatest value in keeping up a blog is that it keeps me at the keyboard, keeps fresh ideas and solid grammar flowing, keeps those adjectives and adverbs and power verbs circulating in my head. And, I suppose, it keeps me from wasting the most precious commodity we have been given, the commodity of time. More later...

No comments: